Saturday, August 21, 2010

Having Fun with Tom Hanks (Sorry, more sketch comedy...sort of)

Tom Hanks, an all around lovable guy. If fate somehow allowed me to hang out with him for a day, here are some fun activities I would hope Mr. Hanks would partake in.

For starters, Mr. Hanks and I would be walking around a set (a hollywood set, or perhaps the SNL set, he does like to visit often) just general chit-chat is happening. Like how amazing his wife looks. Seriously, I hope I look that good at that age. And what should appear when we walk around a corner? A giant floor piano! Who put that there? Certainly not me at 5:30 in the morning with the help of movers and security... Mr. Hanks is suspicious, I appear shocked. We laugh at the irony. I gently tap a key with my foot, I mean why not play a little tune Mr. Hanks, for 'ol times sake? Maybe the classic "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga? And being the awesome guy he is, he does it! Who cares how he randomly knows how to play that tune.


Our next adventure would need to take place in New York as it involves the Empire State Building. We're walking around the top of the building, just enjoying the splendid views. Tom asks me why I'm dressed like Jonah from "Sleepless in Seattle"? What? I say. This old outfit? Just one of my favorites. At that moment we bump into Meg Ryan. I mean, who could have predicted that! Mr. Hanks asks her what is she doing here. Meg Ryan says her assistant received an urgent message and package that had to be delivered by Ms. Ryan at this spot at this time. Well what is in the package? Mr. Hanks asks.

What indeed?

Why a backpack? And there's a teddy bear inside? Silly me, those are mine I say. And then I suggest we walk to the elevator holding hands.

To end our day, Mr. Hanks and I would sit on a bench and enjoy a box of chocolates.

That's it.

I enjoy the simple things in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment