Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Awkward 2: The idiots who surround us...

My eavesdropping has struck gold again. Just like in previous situations, the people talking clearly didn't care who heard what they had to say. There was a group of 4 women sitting behind me in the audience of Book of Mormon (if you have the chance and some extra money, go and buy a ticket, the show is worth every penny) and they were having a sparkling conversation of their previous theatre experiences. Here are the highlights of their conversation:

Lady #1: "Thanks to child labor laws I got the bad Billy Elliot."

Lady #2 (something about the way she talked made me think she's from Greenwich, CT): "Oooh I just looove ballet. I can watch ballet all day. And I just looove Swan Lake. And the lead, what's her name? Well...she goes to the lake, oh and the way she holds her arms, I just looove it."

Lady #3: "How long is Phantom of the Opera playing in Denver?" (This threw me off since I assumed the ladies to be locals, but it sounded like two of them may have been visiting, hence the question)

It's moments like this I'm glad I keep a little pad of paper and a pen with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment